[linux-elitists] Spam filter catches Dmitry mail

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Fri Jul 20 10:17:53 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 09:00:41AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> Silly spam filter...we're not talking about free as in beer, we're
> talking about free as in Dmitry.

First off my appologies. I will modify my filters so that they don't
send to l-e. This was something I just did yesterday.

> Does it think any mail with "Free" and an exclamation point is spam?
> Maybe Mike D is offering you backstage passes to Free Tibet concerts
> and you don't know it.

Actually, the "rejected because the headers"... message is based on the
following procmail rule:

# Bogus headers that indicate (poorly written) bulk mailers
:0 Hc
* ^Received:.*from unknown
| (formail -r -I"Precedence: junk" \
	-A"X-Loop: ajs@ajs.com" ; \
	echo "Your mail was rejected because the headers resembled spam." ; \
	echo "If this is incorrect, include $NOFILTER in your subject.") | \
	$SENDMAIL -t

Not sure why this would ever happen, but I'll disable that rule for now.

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: