[linux-elitists] Tux to the rescue digest #2 (fwd)

Thu Jul 19 06:26:49 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:10:14 -0400
From: potso biafra <silent-tristero@world.std.com>
To: silent-tristero@world.std.com
Subject: Tux to the rescue digest #2

	[Posts borrowed from another list on which the Microsoft
	 lawyers-from-another-planet story is being
	 discussed.

	 (I hope you don't mind, Keith.) ---pozzo]

		Re: linux kits for kids? any ptrs?
			from Eric Scheid <eric.scheid@ironclad.net.au>
		RE: linux kits for kids? any ptrs?
			from "Jean Jordaan" <jean@upfrontsystems.co.za>
		Re: linux kits for kids? any ptrs?
			from Peter Cassidy <pcassidy@triarche.com>

Subject: Re: linux kits for kids? any ptrs?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:51:06 +1000
From: Eric Scheid <eric.scheid@ironclad.net.au>

From: Strata Rose Chalup <strata@virtual.net> (18/7/01 9:43 AM)
>Aren't there several projects out there, and perhaps at least one
>actually WORKING one, to do an education/kid-oriented desktop and
>toolset in Linux, usable by generic laypersons?

<http://www.linuxworld.com.au/news.php3?nid=861&tid=4>

"EverythingLinux, an online Linux store, announced today that it
 will donate Red Hat Linux and Sun's StarOffice CDs to PC charities
 upon request. As the Linux operating system is released under the
 GNU General Public License it may be distributed freely."

e.

eric@ironclad.net.au                 i r o n c l a d   n e t w o r k s
information designer                       http://www.ironclad.net.au/