[linux-elitists] GPL Violation: NuSphere

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Thu Jul 12 22:23:32 PDT 2001

Greeting

It seems to me, from what I've understood from both talking to NuSphere
since the NYC convention, and Monty @ mysql, that indeed, NuShpere's
Gemini product is a violation of the GPL, as Monty contends.

NuSphere certain made it sound like they were hacking on the MYSQL code base,
and said as much, when they where pushing their Gemini extentions in the classes
they gave at the time.  That MYSQL can face a GPL challenge like this from
another company peddling it's wares to the Free Software community is REALLY
disheartening....and frankly, Monty Widus, one of the nicest and hardest
working people I've ever met, really doesn't deserve being brought through the
wringers like this.

Ruben