[linux-elitists] What are the best domain name registrars?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 10 23:04:27 PDT 2001

I use Domain Discover (operated by tierra.net in San Diego), and have
been happy with them, because:

1.  They minimally do the job.  (I don't need mail, Web space, or other
    extraneous handholding.)
2.  Very highly rated on the no-legal-bullshit scale by
    http://www.domainbuyersguide.com/ .
3.  Unlike with the other top-rated registrars (gandi.net, Melbourne IT,
    Secura GmbH), if they screw up badly, I can drive there and pound on
    the counter.
4.  SSL-Web administration for everything.

--
Cheers,                      Evolution:  Life's a niche, and then you die.
Rick Moen