[linux-elitists] What are the best domain name registrars?

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Tue Jul 10 11:11:52 PDT 2001

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Jonathan Corbet">
>
> > I've been pretty well pleased with joker.com for basic .com and such
> > registrations.  It's straightforward, cheap, and they seem to have their
> > act together.  And, with the strong dollar, paying for registrations in
> > Euros seems like a bargain.
>
> I have to agree - if you do go with Joker, make sure you use the 'new
> interface' that they've just put up recently. It's a lot... saner.

Consider this a third vote for Joker. They're cheap, and IME reliable.
And they're good about notifying you when domains you own are coming up
for renewal.

--R
--
Rusty Foster :: rusty@kuro5hin.org :: http://www.kuro5hin.org

I always feel better after sending an email to
help@kuro5hin.org, because Rusty is a caring nurturer who
only wants the best for each of us. (Unless your browser
crashes while you are composing a comment. That is Rusty's
way of saying he hates you.)                    --elenchos