[linux-elitists] Re: Which Web services are the most bestest ones? (fwd)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Jul 6 09:11:11 PDT 2001

begin Eugene Leitl quotation of Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:00:21PM +0200:

Richard Stallman wrote, "Unix is not my ideal system, but it is not
too bad."  If Miguel wants to say, in effect, "Windows is not my
ideal system, but it is not too bad," that's good news, in a way.
Free software philosophy is a big tent that accepts multiple
aesthetic and technological visions, and thus multiple work styles.

Freedom and work style could easily become orthogonal.

  And in the naked light I saw
  Ten thousand GNOMErs, maybe more
  People coding free without make(1)ing.
  People sending mail without vi(1)ing.
  People writing components, that applications shared
    No one dared
  Disturb the sound of CORBA.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti    -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies, p. 246.
dmarti@zgp.org    Free the Web, burn all GIFs: http://burnallgifs.org/