[linux-elitists] Fundamentally flawed (fwd)

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Wed Jul 4 14:20:40 PDT 2001

Thus spake Rusty Foster:
> Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:
> >
> > I don't like Microsoft any more than you do, but I am not sure
> > broad generalizations are not fundamentally flawed!  IMHO If you assert
> > that someone does _nothing_ right, they'll have a very easy time
> > disproving you without changing their ways.  Anyhow, I'd gladly defer
> > to others for the PR on this, I just pointed out _I_ didn't have the
> > stomach for it.
> >

> Rather than "fundamentally flawed", might I suggest "legacy" as a good
> prefix adjective?

Yes, I like legacy.  I've been using it for a while.  "Fundamentally
flawed" is too controversial.  It's much easier to drop 'legacy
Windows applications' into a conversation and have it not noticed
than 'fundamentally flawed Windows applications'.  And yet, the
'legacy' will slowly work it's way into the listener's mind, like a
maggot chewing its way slowly to the heart of a dead emperor.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
LNXS: Get 0.2.0-devel at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lnxs/

When I hear a man applauded by the mob I always feel a pang of pity
for him.  All he has to do to be hissed is to live long enough.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "Minority Report"