[linux-elitists] California Copyleft Research Initiative of 2001

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Jul 1 15:12:43 PDT 2001

> Note that this may offend more people than you intend.  Scientific
> papers usually end up in journals, and neither access nor copying
> is as simple as anonymous http or ftp.  GPL does not prohibit charging
> for distribution, but AFAIK it does prohibit the prohibition of
> re-distribution.  Scientific publishers would not be happy about this.

I'm not sure of the thread here, how is the GPL related to
Scientific Journals.

In any event, the Academic Jornals hired Pat Schoeder to lie about
copyright and fair use and libraries and children.

They can just die as far as I'm concerned and be replaced with
httpd publishing by academic institutions directly.

Ruben