[linux-elitists] why is MS not taking over the root servers?

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Sun Jul 1 14:50:01 PDT 2001

I've been thinking for a while that a good MS strategy would be to
ship copies of WinBLA or IE-bla with the resolver pointing to some MS
servers.  The spin they would put on this would be that you can get
domain names with spaces in them and such while the regular name
resolution would still work by MS making recursive queries to
DNS as we know it.  Seems to be a much easier thing to do with quicker
results than what they seem to be trying with passport.  Would be
legal too I suspect.  Hmm.  Why not?

cheers,

BM