[linux-elitists] anybody using non BIND dns?

Adam Sampson azz@gnu.org
Wed Jan 31 16:05:14 PST 2001

Heather <star@starshine.org> writes:

> There's a thread on another list I'm involved in, I'm kind of
> wondering if anybody here is using any non BIND named's.  Since I
> *don't* believe everything I read on the internet, I doubt there are
> only two competitors to it for the feature.

Well, on Unix, there are at least djbdns and dents (and possibly
Pliant's DNS server?). I'm using djbdns on my desktop machine and a
low-traffic webserver; with the exception of the license, it's a
pretty nice, minimal bit of software.

--

Adam Sampson
azz@gnu.org