[linux-elitists] Oracle Corp now writes tools for MySQL

Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jan 31 14:21:18 PST 2001

Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> I'm sure moving mysql files into Oracle is a nagging question posed to them.

Okay, I know MySQL sucks, but how is PostgreSQL comparable to Oracle?
I've started with a company without any Linux clue (they do have a VAX
and two Solaris boxen, though), and I'd like to demo a decent Linux
server, including a database.

How hard is it migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL? Do I have to
convert the database and index blobs?