[linux-elitists] anybody using non BIND dns?

Emanuel Pirker epirker@edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Jan 31 10:41:32 PST 2001

AFAIK there is only djbdns (by Dan Bernstein, the qmail author). And
of course M***$*** DNS. All root name servers run BIND, however on several
different operating systems.

Everything else is BIND... Would be interested if there's something other
available as well.

BTW: There is the caching nameserver, but AFAIK this is - as the name
suggests - for caching only; therefore for enhancing the resolv process,
not for serving of DNS zones...

Cheers,

Emanuel