[linux-elitists] Fun benchmark du jour: khttpd vs. boa

Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Jan 28 19:58:50 PST 2001

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:56:08 Rick Moen wrote:
> begin  Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO quotation:
>
> > Take a cab - unless you want to come here in Brooklyn for a stop over,
> > which is a lot closer to JFK, and you can check into Manhattan at your
> > leisure.
>
> It's tempting.  I like Brooklyn very much (even in freezing rain such as
> we're likely to have soon), and my parents used to like in Jackson
> Heights, back when my dad flew out of La Guardia, nearby.  And I'll
> _definitely_ be ready for a real pastrami sandwich, such as cannot be
> found for love nor money around here.  But I think I'll be going into
> town.  They have pastrami there, too.  ;->

Not as much as used to...

> > Taking a train from JFK with Luggage is unthinkable IMO.
>
> Heh.  I agree -- but I'd be doing it with one knapsack and one small
> shoulder bag for my VAIO.  I'm staying only three nights.
>
> > I couldn't surely tell you how to get from JFK to the Train....
>
> There's a free 24-hour shuttle bus every 15 minutes from JFK Terminal 4W
> (the yellow, white, and blue bus, I gather) to the "A" line's Howard
> Beach station.

OK

> > ...and it's a LONG train ride.
>
> If you believe the schedule, it's 16 minutes downtown to the
> Broadway-Nassau station

No way - where are you reading this gibberish.  It's about 1.5 total for the
trip.

>(to Fulton Street station) transfer onto the #4
> line, and then about another 15 minutes uptown to 51st Street /
> Lexington station, near my hotel.  Call it 40 minutes.  $1.50.
>
> > The trip into Manhattan is against traffic.
>
> Yes, but that's still about an hour -- and $30 flat-rate cab fare, plus
> toll and tip.
>
> Cheap bastards R us.

That's why I offered a stopping point - but if you don't have luggage, the
train will be fine.

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com