[linux-elitists] Fun benchmark du jour: khttpd vs. boa

Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Jan 28 18:26:30 PST 2001

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:06:09 Rick Moen wrote:
> begin  Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO quotation:
> > Are you guys meeting at the Waldorf tomorrow?
>
> Well, I certainly could -- though I'm up for alternatives.  Sound good
> to you?
>
> I was just refreshing my recollection of the subway system.  Looks like
> I'm arriving at rush hour at JFK, and, rather than grind along the
> Queens so-called Expressway from the wilds of Jamaica Bay, I'll be
> better off taking the A line, change at Broadway-Nassau to the 4-line's
> Fulton St. station, then uptown to 51st St./Lexinton Ave.

Ummm

Take a cab - unless you want to come here in Brooklyn for a stop over,
which is a lot closer to JFK,and you can check into Manhattan at your leasure.
Right off the Q train Express 40 easy minutes into Manhattan, although last
night
we did it in 20 minutes.

Taking a train from JFK with Luggage is unthinkable IMO.  I couldn't surely
tell you how to get from JFK to the Train, and it's a LONG train ride.  The
trip
in Manhattan is against traffic.

>  And, Bob's
> your uncle, I'm a block from the hotel.  Oh, around about 6 PM.  My
> cellular:  408-621-7084.
>
> It also looks like Javits Center was cleverly built at maximal distance
> from the subway,

Yes - it is stagestically placed as near to NJ as possible.  Don't worry about
that.
You can actually walk it (although it's is a sizable walk from Park Ave.  The
hotel
probibly has transport to the Center.

> but I can grab the E line from 5th Ave./53rd Street to
> 34th Street/Penn Station and walk a few blocks west.

Yes that's as close as it gets.

> Weather:  A balmy 0 degrees C or so.  Rain in a couple of days.

This has been the toughest winter in a while.........

> --
> Cheers,                                      Re-elect Al Gore in '04.

I'm voting for my Grandfather again...