[linux-elitists] racing for news...

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Tue Jan 23 19:01:40 PST 2001

Greg KH wrote:

> This movement has been going on for a while.  The current DARPA contract
> that WireX is doing work under stipulates that everything we produce
> under it will be released as open source.

Interesting policy shift. When I worked for a DARPA contractor (circa
'99), they (the projects we supported) were in the process of
standardizing everyone on NT. Perhaps their IT department and their
research projects are operating under different rules.

--R
--
Rusty Foster              || "What am I doing?
rusty@kuro5hin.org        || I'm quietly judging you."