[linux-elitists] racing for news...

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Tue Jan 23 18:06:05 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:49:04PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> So, for those of you who follow other Linux news sites...was LJ the
> first Linux news site to get the DARPA "Trusted Open Source Operating
> Systems" story?
>
> http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/articles/briefs/0076.html
>
> Interesting call for proposals, especially "The offeror should provide
> a clear explanation of how the technologies to be developed will be
> transitioned to the open source operating system baselines."
> http://www.darpa.mil/ito/Solicitations/CBD_01-24.html

This movement has been going on for a while.  The current DARPA contract
that WireX is doing work under stipulates that everything we produce
under it will be released as open source.

So ongoing funding for StackGuard research, FormatGuard work,
CryptoMark, and other fun Linux security things that we are doing are
all being funded by this contract.  And all of these are based off of
GPL code, and so are also released under the GPL.

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com
http://immunix.org/~greg