[linux-elitists] kernel, BT, Windows Media, Merc, Fat Albert

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Mon Jan 8 21:08:50 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 03:29:10PM +1100, Robert Thomson wrote:

> There are some known issues, yes.  One of 2.4.0's most notable was the
> ext2 security bug, whose patch linus hadn't merged.  Fixed in ac1.

Yes, there are lots of nice things fixed in the ac series right now.
Definitely recommended if anyone wants to run the 2.4.0 kernel.

> Actually, I seem to remember RH4 having 2.2.0 on it.  My first step
> away from slackware .. Didn't take long before I found a home in Debian,
> though.

2.4.0 is on the RH 7.0 disc, and 2.3.something shiped on Caldera's
"Technology Prieview", but I bet it will be a number of months before
any distro ships _only_ the 2.4.x kernel.

If this WireX gig ever closes down, then I'll move to Debian, till then
I'm sticking with Immunix :)

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com