[linux-elitists] kernel, BT, Windows Media, Merc, Fat Albert

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Mon Jan 8 20:11:41 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 06:08:46PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> So, maybe the way to tell when the kernel gods _really_ think 2.4
> is stable is: when do they get sufficiently bored with it that Linus
> lets them start 2.5?
>
> Of course, the fact that Red Hat is _not_ shipping 2.4 says a lot
> for its stability.

WTF?
Do you remember how long it took to get a distro to ship 2.2?  And did
any of them ship 2.2.0 or even 2.2.1?

Now we finally get a much larger testing base to help find all of the
lovely corner cases.

Of course there is still a bunch of _known_ problems in 2.4.0, but we
will not talk about them, or whose code they might have showed up in :)

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com
http://immunix.org/~greg