[linux-elitists] OS class

Ben Woodard ben@valinux.com
Tue Feb 27 14:48:32 PST 2001

That would be nice. I took my OS class from a prof who worked for IBM
for years. He kept on talking about DASD and stuff like that. It was
weird. I have to admit though though that it did teach me quite a bit
about how revolutionary the fundemental idea in Unix that "everything
is a file" really was. This OS class was general enough that I got to
see how big of an annoyance it was when you had different API's and
constructs for different kinds of storage.

-ben