[linux-elitists] telnet weenie frenzy!

Joakim Ziegler joakim@ximian.com
Tue Feb 27 00:38:08 PST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 11:32:47PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin  Joakim Ziegler quotation:

> Hmm.  ssh.com's SSH has ssh-add2 and ssh-agent2:
> http://www.ssh.com/products/ssh/administrator24/Using_Authentication_Agent__ssh-agent2__ssh-add2_.html

> And then for OpenSSH:
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh-add
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh-agent

> The manpages _claim_ that ssh-add & ssh-agent both support either DSA or
> RSA.

> I don't know what exactly Red Hat puts in RH7:  Maybe your best bet is
> to help your girlfried compile the current OpenSSH/OpenSSL from source.

It seems you're right. RH7 seems to mix versions of ssh and
ssh-add/ssh-agent. Which, given RH's track record, shouldn't be horribly
surprising. I'll toss that out and get a consistent OpenSSH setup on it,
either from source or from 3rd party RPMs.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Ximian web monkey - joakim@ximian.com - Radagast@IRC
  FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer