[linux-elitists] telnet weenie frenzy!

Joakim Ziegler joakim@ximian.com
Tue Feb 27 00:15:56 PST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:52:12PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin  Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO quotation:

>> Can you help me make one of those more secure setups?

> Well, with OpenSSH, you set /etc/ssh/sshd_config to have
> PasswordAuthentication no

Speaking of which, perhaps someone around here knows the answer to this. I
run a ssh tunnel for fetchmail to get my mail from a box in Norway. Recently,
I copied this setup to my girlfriend's freshly installed RedHat 7 box, which
comes with a newer version of ssh, that supports the ssh version 2 protocol,
which in turn uses DSA key pairs for authentication. So far, so good. But it
seems to be that ssh-agent/ssh-add only supports unlocking RSA keys, and thus is
unusable if you want to use the SSHv2 protocol. Is this true? Do I have to
type the pass phrase every frigging time I want to log in?

I hope I'm missing something here, because that seems truly awkward.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Ximian web monkey - joakim@ximian.com - Radagast@IRC
  FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer