Point of order (was Re: [linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon Feb 26 14:44:25 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Don Marti wrote:

> linux-elitists list policy is to silently discard mail from proprietary
> mailers not supported on a Free OS.

Heh, not necessary to plonk Kurt Seifried then:

Since I procmail out the second copy, I hadn't noticed that no list copy
arrived.

Note to self: this must be a variant rule of Moen's Law of Whining About
Linux User Groups that I saw -- "People who whine that Linux User Groups
exist to 'help' people invariably use proprietary mailers."

> Sometimes you might get a reply from a proprietary mailer that is
> copied both to you and to the list. You can reply to such messges and
> copy the list if you want. However, the message you're replying to
> won't go to all list members or appear in the archives.

I'll keep that in mind in the future.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adam