Point of order (was Re: [linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Feb 26 14:17:33 PST 2001

linux-elitists list policy is to silently discard mail from proprietary
mailers not supported on a Free OS.

Sometimes you might get a reply from a proprietary mailer that is copied
both to you and to the list. You can reply to such messges and copy the
list if you want. However, the message you're replying to won't go to
all list members or appear in the archives.

Threads in which this happens are a useful test for the
"thread-per-page" archive script I'm working on.  ("Useful test" means
"breaks it horribly" but that just means I lack understanding of the
JWZ Threading Algorithm.)