[linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?

Heather star@starshine.org
Mon Feb 26 13:31:39 PST 2001

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Kurt Seifried wrote:
>
> > WTF has this got to do with Linux? Sounds more like "annoyed us citizens
> > bitchfest". There are places for this, like usenet.
>
> ::plonk::

You can't defend "your right to use Linux to do all sorts of things that
expand your freedom" without considering that this freedom may involve
real lives and other freedoms beyond the computer screen.

Ask Steve Jackson.

> Regardless of the rest of the message, it was a socially important
> apology.
>
> If it annoys you that someone apologized for a casual use of the word
> "rape," perhaps you need more context in your life, not that I would wish
> that on anyone....

No. Me neither.  Casualties != casual.

* Heather * That's no moon...  -- Obi-wan Kenobi