[linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon Feb 26 09:25:20 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Ben Woodard wrote:

> The thing that I have never understood is why on earth they are trying
> to win in the courts.

Because it is the goal of every company to survive. This is a survive or
not issue, thus they are behaving consistently with the "do what the
company believes it must to survive."

In this case, there are investors and this is a chance of getting their
money back vs. being shut down completely.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams