[linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon Feb 26 01:59:19 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> I go through about 50 CD-Rs per Bootable Business Card revision, and I
> or my employer actually have a valid copyright license or hold the
> copyright for all copyrighted material included there -- as far as I
> know.  (As they say over in Debian, if you know otherwise, please file
> a bug.)
>
> Some people say I should use CD-RW, but I seem to be hell of lazy so
> far.

Clearly, there is no perfect solution. I was just saying it was a *better*
solution than the RIAA raising its price on CDs and pricing itself
entirely out of the market.

Better, that, is, from the standpoint of a) musicians; b) people who buy
CDs; c) and the RIAA.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams