[linux-elitists] Apple patents themes, ignores prior art AND WEBSITE

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Sun Feb 25 16:15:46 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Unfortunately for them, their filing was 13 days too late for some
> rather substantial prior art.  The Internet domain, themes.org,
> dedicated to distributing, you guessed it, desktop themes, was created
> April 25, 1998.  Apple's patent filing was May 8, same year.

Earlier prior art is Kaleidoscope, which runs on MacOS.

>From the whois record for Kaleidoscope.net:

   Record created on 08-May-1997.

It was hosted elsewhere for a year or two prior.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams