[linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Sun Feb 25 13:49:41 PST 2001

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 08:36:46PM -0800, Mr . Bad wrote:
> Me, I'm going to the Bammies. Anybody else? Aaron, you brought this
> shit up -- how are we going to make this happen? Do you have some
> other ideas? Or were you just talking out your ass? Are you with us or
> agin us, Aaron?

This shit is all political. It's kind of like sodomy laws against
gays. People don't often care what the law says, but it's time for
elitists to emerge from underground and make themselves legit. They
need to show that using freenet is legal and keep pressing for it,
before their happy dreamland FreeNet underground is invaded by the law
at the request of corporations.

Technically, there's no problem. Cryptography and all puts us way
ahead. We just need to make sure that practicing freedom doesn't
become illegal, because that would be a big loss.