[linux-elitists] What to do about RIAA?

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Fri Feb 23 16:44:00 PST 2001

According to Slashdot, the RIAA is going after OpenNap servers.
Obviously, this is ludicrous. I don't have to explain why. This has
major implications for FreeNet. OpenNap is quite similar, since it
does not limit content to the MP3 format. All of a sudden, it becomes
"illegal" to run data swapping services. Is FTP next?

Perhaps the elitist community could organize a demonstration or think
up a better idea of some way to show that we will not tolerate these
abuses.