[linux-elitists] phasing out Solaris/Oracle/Netscape with Linux/PostgreSQL/Apache

Ruben I Safir - Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sat Feb 10 16:53:54 PST 2001

I would lean to that because sloppy CGI programming would mean some rewriting -
perhaps a lot.

One of the major things mod_perl gives you is Database Caching through
Apache:DBI and Record Set.

If a few reports are run on the site which are long, different and never
repeating, then the bottleneck will be on the database querry.

However, I feel mod_perl should always be used.  It enforced better programming
technique and expands possibilities in future developement.

As for the DSO - Please................