[linux-elitists] Secure CVS

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo@cam.org
Sat Feb 10 11:37:57 PST 2001

Rick Moen wrote:

> begin  Dire Red quotation:
>

>> I know of no CVS client for $LAMEOSES that offers ssh wrapping.
>

> I believe that's what the Gordon Chaffee / UC Berkeley patched cvs.exe
>
> for Win32 does.  (It was among the links I posted earlier this morning.)
>

>> I was considering writing one for MacOS -- the wrapper part, not the
>
>> CVS client.
>
> That would be highly useful.

	I jumped in a little late on this thread so excuse me if I am rambling
however there is a way to wrap ssh over cvs under Windows. I've been
using it for a few years. It does require you do create an account for
each user.

	Check out: http://www.wincvs.org
	It has links on how to do it using their client software. It's fairly
user friendly so you won't have to spend hours explaining cvs commands
to Windoze users.. I once tried the RTFM line with them but that didn't
go over well (ie they claimed to have read it but really all they did
was put my phone number on the manual)..

	Justin.
--
Justin F. Knotzke
shampoo@cam.org