[linux-elitists] Secure CVS

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Sat Feb 10 10:49:17 PST 2001

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Hacks abound; I'm hoping someone will have a method that doesn't
> require shell access on the remote machine, and keeps things
> reasonably sane on the client end. Don't want to confuse them again
> (changing them over to Linux and finally CVS was pain enough - for
> me)!

Shell access example:

export CvSROOT=foo@bar.com:/cvs
export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs checkout foobarproject

I know of no CVS client for $LAMEOSES that offers ssh wrapping. I was
considering writing one for MacOS -- the wrapper part, not the CVS client.
MacCVS was written by some guys at Netscape, one of whom I taught to code
about 20 years ago.

_Deirdre