[linux-elitists] Secure CVS

Jeff Waugh jdub@aphid.net
Sat Feb 10 02:45:30 PST 2001

'tag alles,

So, pservers scare me. Behind the firewall on a dev box, fine, but not on a
webserver (staging or otherwise). I've finally convinced a few blockhead
web developers that CVS will save them from themselves, but I can't find any
good secure CVS howtoish stuff.

Hacks abound; I'm hoping someone will have a method that doesn't require
shell access on the remote machine, and keeps things reasonably sane on the
client end. Don't want to confuse them again (changing them over to Linux
and finally CVS was pain enough - for me)!

- Jeff

-- jdub@aphid.net --------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

                  ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.