[linux-elitists] phasing out Solaris/Oracle/Netscape with Linux/PostgreSQL/Apache

Paul J Collins sneakums@sto-kerrig.org
Fri Feb 9 13:48:44 PST 2001

    >> Also, (I know not if this is still true), the mod_perl guy doesn't
    >> like Apache DSO, does not support the use of mod_perl as a DSO, and
    >> will not fix bugs that only affect DSO operation.  That said, people
    >> use it DSO, and it works.

    BLSC> Who said that?

No idea.  It's been a while since I even looked at mod_perl, and I
don't recall where I heard that.

    >> On top of that, mod_perl has a bunch of modules that allow
    >> existing CGI Perl scripts to live in mod_perl with minimal or
    >> no rewriting.  But, as Don said, if you have few queries with
    >> long run-times, mod_perl is probably not a win.

    BLSC> Umm - I might LEAN to that opinion.

Would you care to explain why?

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@sto-kerrig.org> - - - [         ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD