[Pigdog] Re: [linux-elitists] phasing out Solaris/Oracle/Netscape with Linux/PostgreSQL/Apache

Mr.Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Thu Feb 8 23:30:01 PST 2001

    B> P.S. Your whole discussion made a lot of sense to me, except I
    B> have no idea what "Daylight" is. My only thing would be that
    B> you should probably pony up the extra few hundred $$ and get
    B> Fast Wide* Ultra Big Honkin' SCSI. It's not THAT big a diff,
    B> and you are so pretty you deserve it.

Oh, yeah: I forgot to mention, of course, that you should probably do
a search on the Web before buying anything. Look for messages that say
things like,

 "I bought the 20,000 dollar UltraFast UltraWide GoogolPlex
 Scuzzy-tron 3000. I've got kernel 2.4.1 running with it, but the
 performance is more like Ultraslow Ultrasvelte. Please, help me speed
 up my server so that my client doesn't get me jailed for
 fraud!!! --Newbie"

 "Dear Newbie, you can blame the GooglePlex company for your
 performance woes. When I wrote the drivers for that SCSI controller,
 they refused to give me the Secret Bit that would switch from
 Supersafe Diagnostic Testing Grandma Mode into Slutty Sports Car
 Swimsuit Model Screamer Mode. Actually, they told me what bit it was
 (7) but they wouldn't let me put the bit in the driver code unless I
 changed the license so that none of their competitors could use it
 against them in a court of law. I refused, and now you're stuck with
 Grandma. Since GoogolPlex went out of biz last week, there's not much
 chance you're going to get much more pickup out of it. Enjoy your
 time in prison, --Some Linux God."

~Mr. Bad

 /\____/\   Mr. Bad <mr.bad@pigdog.org>
 \      /   Pigdog Journal | http://pigdog.org/ | *Stay*Real*Bad*
 |  (X \x)
 (    ((**) "If it's not bad, don't do it.
  \  <vvv>   If it's not crazy, don't say it." - Ben Franklin