[linux-elitists] Carpal tunnel prevention and X

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Thu Dec 27 10:20:03 PST 2001

Well, my daignosis (maybe in 92 or so), was a lot more high tech than
Matt's.  My complaint was numbness in both hands and some occasional
pain (esp after working on my car).  The neuroligist connected a
surface electrode to my shoulder and two more to either side of my
wrist.  We then stared at how long the impulses injected from the
shoulder took to reach each of the wrist electrodes on a CRT (triple
trace o-scope with an appropriate filter essentially).  It seemed the
impulses were taking their time crossing the wrist.  Pretty neat, I
thought.  Then came the muscle test which entails an electrode
_insterted_ into the muscle.  That part was not fun.  Maybe now they
don't need to do the 'scope bit to nail down the diagnosis.

cheers,

BM