[linux-elitists] IBM

Jason Spence thalakan@lightconsulting.com
Thu Dec 27 01:38:27 PST 2001

Has anyone read Lou Gerstner's speeches on IBM's site?
See: http://www.ibm.com/lvg/speeches.phtml

I was doing my daily research and picked IBM's site.  Dude, he's not
kidding about this supporting Linux thing.  He whines about having to
buy from IT companies when he was selling crackers and traveler's
checks, and how Linux is the greatest thing since sliced bread for
customers of IT.

And their developer/consulting partnership programs are very
Linux-friendly, too.  I'm seriously thinking about signing up now that
I know that Big Blue will *give me money* to market Linux solutions.
Yes, IBM will do co-advertising for Linux solutions if you meet the
criteria.

That sounded like a commercial, didn't it.  I'm sorry.  I'm just happy
that I might not have to spend any money on advertising next year.

But that's not the mind-boggling thing.  This... this is the
mind-boggling thing:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/sashxb/

My grandma can write GNOME apps now.

--
 - Jason

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."