[linux-elitists] Carpal tunnel prevention and X

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu Dec 20 13:49:38 PST 2001

Matt Beland writes:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 11:46:47AM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > Don Marti writes:
> >
> > > They say that improving your touch-typing skills is a good way to
> > > prevent RSI.
> >
> > Didn't work for me.
>
> Didn't work for me either.
>
> However, regular visits to the chiropractor have done wonders - and my
> MD is still insisting the only possible fix is surgery, despite the fact
> that my wrists and hands no longer hurt, my grip is back to where it was
> in high school, and I pass the RSI tests with flying colors.
>
> How regular? Once per week for about six weeks until he (and I) were
> satisfied with my progress, then about once a month or so unless I start
> noticing a problem.

I go to a chiropractor regularly, and it always helps, but only for
about a week.  It's possible that I don't get better over the long
term because I still don't exercise and still don't have very good
posture.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull