[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter brenno@dewinter.com
Wed Dec 19 15:27:45 PST 2001

Don Marti wrote:

>Forwarded with permission.

Thanks. The broader scope is exactly what makes DOTGNU very much
attractive. I have been studying the subject of .NET for some months now
(doing a series of articles on the subject) and found DOTGNU to be a
very serious player in time (and time is crucial here and that was the
reason for my call for support). Also the Dutch Privacy Board found the
similar risks and have been working on a project called PET-PISA which
will anomize as much in webservices as possible (EU privacy rules are
very clear on this matter). Thanks Don!

On a different note: Seeing all the standards  that are being used and
the first successes on the Linux Platform (also from MONO) that I wonder
what Microsoft's catch (if any) will be. So far it appears to be very nice.

Cheers,

Brenno.