[linux-elitists] SF Monday Night Hackers Club...

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 14 12:36:44 PST 2001

on Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:59:10PM +0100, Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de) wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2001, Kevin A. Burton - burtonator wrote:
>
> > Basically it would be a bunch of hippie radical elitist hacker types
> > that meet once a month at a quiet restraunt to talk about relevant
> > computer topics:
>
> Are you aware of the SF Cypherpunks meets?
>
> 	http://www.cryptorights.org/cypherpunks/meetingpunks.html
>
> Specifically:
>
> 	http://www.cryptorights.org/cypherpunks/2000/1209-SF.html
>
> -- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>

Eugene (or someone spoofing the same email address) is a subscriber to
the cypherpunks list.  I was for a brief period, found its S/N makes AM
talk radio look good.

CPunks might be a venue to hijack, but there's a boatload of baggage to
deal with, and a rather stagnant, and IMO largely unproductive culture.

There's also John Gilmore's cryptography list, might be more a more
productive affiliation.

Eugene's been associated with cpunks longer than I have and might be in
a better position to comment on the group's dynamics.

Peace.