[linux-elitists] SWOT (formerly "Phil Zimmermann on key exchange")

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Fri Dec 14 11:05:41 PST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:40:24AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> > I also look forward to redeployment of Stuart Stubblebine's PGP
> > Pathfinder or equivalent.  A graphical representation of the degrees of
> > separation in PGP goes a long way toward increasing usability of this
> > lossy web of trust.
>
> http://dtype.org/keyanalyze/ has the data -- the question is how
> to actually draw it.

We can slice and dice this any way you want. The code is available, and
free, and I even run it on the wwwkeys.us.pgp.net keyring once per
month and post results.

If you have something you'd like to see, please take a look at the
code. I also dump the 'preprocess.keys' intermediate file that is created
containing the subset of keys with at least one non-self sig. This file
is extremely useful for playing with keysets for statistical analysis.

I'm always wanting ideas of what to do with the keyanalyze report.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.