Civic's class Re: [linux-elitists] BurnAllRedHat?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Dec 14 09:25:56 PST 2001

begin Rusty Foster quotation of Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:05:05PM -0000:

> Not being a teacher, and being, in fact, a webhead type person, why
> not make Civics 101, the website? I know there have been many times
> when I have wished for a useful, concise, comprehensive reference for
> exactly these kinds of things.

Sounds like you're looking for "Street Law".  I guess I was lucky
in high school -- I had the class senior year.  We didn't spend
much if any time on copyright, patent and trademark issues but I
remember we spend a lot of time on landlord/tenant conflicts.

If you're interested in the book you can probably get your
local bookstore to special order a copy, or a university with an
"Education" department would probably have it in their library.
http://www.streetlaw.com/ is the publisher's site for the
book, and there's a site about the Street Law Program at
http://www.streetlaw.org/

As far as software law books go, Nolo offers "Copyright your
Software" and "The Public Domain" but neither looks like what you
really need here.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/