[linux-elitists] BurnAllRedHat?

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Wed Dec 12 11:33:09 PST 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 02:20:34PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> But isn't that from the old trademark document?  The new one doesn't
> say that in any place I can see.  (i.e. I can see that example in the
> cached copy, but not on www.redhat.com.)

It doesn't really matter.

The governance of this is trademark law, _not_ Red Hat's interpretation
of it. Their guidelines were just an interpretation they had/have in order
to avoid confusion.

Red Hat doesn't necessarily have to give you permission to do something
trademark law will allow you to do anyway. That said, ask your lawyer
about this before trying it yourself.

IANAL. TINLA.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.