[linux-elitists] Bank of America doesn't want our business?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Dec 12 09:56:13 PST 2001

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:18:56AM -0800:

> Ruben Safir writes:
>
> > How does the long term survivial of TLJ look at this point?
> > I consider it a great resource.
>
> TLJ is Tech Law Journal; LJ is Linux Journal.

There was an anomalous period last year when LJ was 200 pages thick
-- two-thirds the size of Martha Stewart Living with one-tenth the
staff -- but it has come down in size to 100 pages or so, so now
we don't have to pad it out with lame filler articles.

LJ still doesn't pay diddley-squat for articles, but it has "Journal"
in the name so academics can cite their articles in LJ to get tenure.

Long-term survival and growth look like they will be excellent,
but I can't say why.  Feel free to speculate, though.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/