[linux-elitists] BurnAllRedHat?

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Wed Dec 12 09:51:17 PST 2001

"M. Drew Streib" <dtype@dtype.org> said:

> That said, using the phrase "based on Red Hat Linux" may still be ok, as
> long as you are clear that the actual product you are selling is not
_the_
> "Red Hat Linux". The issue becomes one of confusion for the consumer.

I would agree with this. It's unclear to me how far RedHat wants to
take this, though. While definitely not a GPL violation, it strikes me
as somewhat anti-community. If they're OK with "based on redhat linux"
though, I'd have no problem with it.

--R
--
Rusty Foster              || "What am I doing?
rusty@kuro5hin.org        || I'm quietly judging you."