[linux-elitists] Re: random questions

Mike Touloumtzis miket@bluemug.com
Mon Dec 10 23:31:51 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 10:59:33PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin Karsten M. Self quotation:
>
> > Deal with it.  Rick's got a brusque manner.
>
> Now, I'm not accustomed to strangers pronouncing me credulous, solely
> because I praised a book as interesting, worthwhile reading.  And,
> frankly, I have no intention of getting used to it.

Thereby rendering yourself vulnerable to an emotional DoS at the sweaty
hands of the InterNet's limitless armies of assholes.  The humanity!

I find life goes easier when I assume that posters intended to put a
smiley at the end of each paragraph (like the above), but refrained
for netiquette reasons.

Every time I feel the irresistible compulsion to enter a technical
discussion, I wonder if the left-brained engineering types (like me)
who make the network possible are also those least suited to living a
normal life on it.

miket