[linux-elitists] Re: random questions

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 9 23:45:59 PST 2001

begin Karsten M. Self quotation:

> As I've said elsewhere, borrowed from "The Art of Hosting Good
> Conversations":
>
>     Remember that both civility and nastiness are contagious.
>     http://www.rheingold.com/texts/artonlinehost.html

Let's get specific, shall we?  Let us know what nastiness you spot in
the quoted post, please:

---<snip>---

begin Ron Guerin quotation:

> I'm just pleased to be on a list where people are informed enough to
> know who Kim Philby was.

I highly recommend his small but deft volume of memoirs, _My Secret
War_.  Much more interesting and worthwhile than, say, Wright's
_Spycatcher_, which came out about the same time.

Just the thing to take along to your CIA job interview.  ;->

I value your feedback.  Was there any specific part of that that invited
rude personal comments about my having "a greater desire to be deceived
than even a devout Mormon"?  Please tell us which part that would be.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen      "SYN! .. SYN|ACK! .. ACK!"   -- the mating call of the Internet