[linux-elitists] "fundamental universal condition" ?

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sun Dec 9 16:07:24 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:25:01PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Rob Walker quotation of Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:27:22PM -0700:
>
> > While watching mailman do its' thing at VA, I became less and less
> > enamored of its' paranoia design.  I wonder if there is anyone looking
> > in to the design of those pages.
>
> The problem here was more than 1000 incoming messages from addresses
> that were not subscribed to the list.

Obviously, the UI doesn't handle that, but you can you in ~/data and
rm heldmesg-listname*

After that, if you bring the web page, it will notice that the messages are
gone, and update the list config accordingly.

Marc