[linux-elitists] "fundamental universal condition" ?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Dec 9 13:25:01 PST 2001

begin Rob Walker quotation of Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:27:22PM -0700:

> While watching mailman do its' thing at VA, I became less and less
> enamored of its' paranoia design.  I wonder if there is anyone looking
> in to the design of those pages.

The problem here was more than 1000 incoming messages from addresses
that were not subscribed to the list.

> What is the bug ID?  ;-)

I have the nasty suspicion that you could replicate the problem by
sending a whole lot of rejectable messages to a Mailman list address.
But I haven't put up a second Mailman to test this.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.
KG6INA                                               http://burnallgifs.org/