[linux-elitists] Take back the net! CSS for the user

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 7 20:46:29 PST 2001

on Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 07:00:12PM -0800, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:53:20PM -0000, Rusty Foster (rusty@kuro5hin.org) wrote:
> > "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> said:
> >
> > > I'm working on a CSS that results in a largely readable, presentable,
> > > workable Web experience for users, primarially of GNU/Linux, but ideally
> > > of any platform.
> >
> > Anti-elitist-PC statement of the day: I enjoy seeing what people
> > designing web sites do with them. That is, I don't suffer the illusion
> > that my idea of "looks good" is universally true for all sites all the
> > time.

...and a second point.

A little homework exercise for y'all.

Go through that list of websites I listed on my first mail.  Try viewing
them three different ways:

  - With no changes to your default settings.

  - Selecting your preferred fonts.  In this case, point-specific font
    specs or absolute / relative font specs are going to make the chosen
    fonts larger or smaller than preferable.

  - Using the stylesheet I provided.

Report back comparing and contrasting the experiences.

Peace.